Saturday 31 May 2008

Bad timing !!

Well I’ve just realised what bad timing my trip is. I’ve been checking out hotel prices for that time and comparing them to other times.

One hotel, for the 1st – 3rd September “average rates” are SGD$67 (AUD$51; USD$49; GBP24) per night.

For the 27th – 29th September “average rates” are SGD$245. (AUD$188; USD$179; GBP90) per night.

This grand prix stuff is obviously important to lots of people. This also means there will be millions and millions of people all there at the same time. Could be incredibly exciting, or an incredible pain in the backside. Everything will be dearer.

Costs more to be a single in a hotel. I do know that. The price I’m being quoted is much cheaper for the whole stay than per night but it is shared accommodation, like a hostel. Can I cope with heaps of young people being up and down all night? That’s the question. The place I’m looking at has no single rooms available and I suspect that this will be the case with most hotels in Singapore during that time.

I guess this is where sleeping tablets come in handy.

I looked at going a few days later but that means I’m pushing it to get to Miniatura in Birmingham on the 4th and 5th October. I will need a couple of days in Oxford before Birmingham to recuperate from the flight, time differences etc. I don’t want to jump off the airplane in London, travel to Oxford, and then to Birmingham without a break in the middle.

Damn!! I do hate it when a plan does not come together.

Madeleine

Saturday, 31 May 2008

10 comments:

KazzaB said...

That's a huge jump in price Rosymosie!! Bugger - so you'll have to decide what you want to do. It's a long flight to go straight thru, isn't it.

Rosymosie said...

Yup. It's an amazing price jump, Kazza. I've decided to stay in Singapore. The place I'm going to be staying won't be any where near that price. So that's okay. Will me more basic accommodation, but hey, should be lots more fun.

Kahless said...

What is the miniatura in irmingham?

Rosymosie said...

Miniatura is a miniature show in Birmingham. Check out http://www.miniatura.co.uk/showma.htm

Kahless said...

Is that a particular hobby of yours?

Rosymosie said...

Yup. Been doing it for years. Even before I knew that other people were as nutz as me to like making little tiny things :-)

Kahless said...

So what little tiny things do you make?
Dolls?
or ships in a bottle?

Rosymosie said...

Neither. Right now I'm working on rose bushes for a garden scene I be doing. I've gotten bored with putting the leaves on so it is taking far longer than it should. For Christmas I made a friend (and myself as well) 2 airondack chairs and a table. So all sorts of different things

Kahless said...

If not bed-bugs then fleas. I got bitten in Singapore; they bite in lines on your legs!
hehehe

Rosymosie said...

I can just imagine arriving in the UK with Singapore fleas, pass them onto M&K's fur kids and being kicked out of the house. Damn !! That could be a cool story!!