Sunday 18 May 2008

Planning my trip

Well, plans are on the way for my trip. I’ve still not booked my tickets. I seem to have this problem about actually booking my tickets. I think it has something to do with hating to fly. Every time I think about getting on a plane, I get anxious. I having some time off work the end of this month and that is my deadline. I’ve got to get the tickets booked.

My long service leave, holiday leave and leave without pay have all been approved. And I’m off for 4 whole months, paid for 3 months. Not bad hey?

K has booked our tickets to Miniatura (Check it out - click on Autumn Miniatura). Now that’s something to look forward to. The biggest miniature show in the UK and possibly anywhere. There are a couple of people going from Perth which will be hilarious. 3 Perth people meeting in Birmingham in the UK.

The three of us have day passes for both the Saturday and the Sunday and will probably be driving there since M&K have bought themselves a car. I’m still not sure where we will be staying or for how long. It probably depends on how much time the others can get off work. I could stay longer, but could likely be totally jet lagged. The show is on the 4th and 5th October, and my leave doesn’t start til the end of September. So I might just do the show and head back to Oxford with M&K and spend a week getting my land legs back again.

My biggest problem has been deciding which way to travel. I hate flying. I hate the boredom and being cooped up in the noisy plane for hours and hours on end. I hate landing and I hate take off. Problem is, that I love to travel, as long as it doesn’t involve airplanes. So I avoid buying the tickets even while I’m planning other things in the background.

I’m also planning to meet another blogger while I’m in the UK. I won’t mention who it is in case she has decided I’m too much of a nutcase. If she wants to tell, then she can. And there’s another blogger that I hope to meet at last, but I haven’t had a response to my email, so that’s still up in the air.

I keep looking at what’s on in Europe during the time I will be there. I’m sure there will be lots of miniature shows. England has lots of little ones. I wonder if there will be any in Europe. Now that would be kewl.

The Oktoberfest is just before I arrive and a few days into my stay. Not possible. The Edinburgh Tattoo is at the wrong time of the year as well. Two things I’ve never done and would like to.

Never mind. There will be something interesting to see and do.

Madeleine

Sunday, 18 May 2008

7 comments:

KazzaB said...

I'm trying not to be envious, really I am Rosymosie!! LOL Don't know whether I'm succeeding or not tho!!

Rosymosie said...

Well, I'm quite happy for you to stay envious LOL. It's not a problem for me and I'm obviously in my sharing and caring mode tonight.

Kahless said...

If you are a nutcase, then I am a fruitcake!
I don't mind you mentioning me; I can't wait to hear all the gossip.

Rosymosie said...

And I will have lots of gossip for you Kahless all about these Perth people that I know hehehehe (evil laugh !!)

Kahless said...

And I have a few questions I am absolutely dying to ask
hehehe!

KazzaB said...

Oh oh, I betta start being nice to Rosymosie, she knows too much!! LOL Or maybe knock her off and take her place on the trip..........yes, that might work.........hehehe Or just put her in a coma for a while, like 4 months and by the time she comes out of it, I'll be back and she'll be none the wiser..........mmmmmmmm.

Sorry, am I thinking out loud here......of course I wouldn't do that to Rosymosie. hehehe

Rosymosie said...

Hehehe Kazza, better be nice to me.

Kahless I have lots of answers hehehe. Whether you hear them or not is another matter :-)