Friday 30 May 2008

Done !!

Well I’ve done the dastardly deed !! I’ve booked my tickets to the UK. Now I’m into panic stations about how much money I’m spending !! I know in my head it will all be fine, but part of me is scared of spending all that money. With insurance it will be costing me over $3000, and the part of me that scrimped for so many years, finds that kind of figure frightening.

However, at this stage, I will be leaving Perth on the 27th September and spending a couple of nights in Singapore to break up the flight. I’ve found a kewl place to stay in Singapore, not your standard hotel – check it out.

I arrive in London on the 30th September at about 6 a.m. That’s the time I need to check with M&K. I’m hoping they will be picking me up from London to go to Oxford, but both of them are working and that’s an awful time of the day to pick someone up at an airport.

So, I’ve sent them an email and waiting for their response.

Excited and scared !! Quite a combination.

Madeleine

Friday, 30 May 2008

PS

Damn. I’ve just checked the hostel I want to stay at and they ask: are you am making reservations during F1 Grand Prix. Duh! I’ve not idea what the F1 Grand Prix is. So we do a search, and find out that, yes I will be there during that time. Damn !! So I’ve sent them an email to find out whether that will affect prices and/or availability of the rooms.

Madeleine

4 comments:

KazzaB said...

I love the look of the hotel. It looks different and unique. And has what you need most - airconditioning!! Specially as I remember when I visited Singapore I just about melted away.

Congrats on booking your tickets - very exciting stuff. Must seem so much more real now.

Rosymosie said...

I love the look of the hotel as well. And it has broadband internet access - free so will be able to keep in touch.

I've had an email from them to say that they will be very busy and the prices will go up. I might have to change dates, depends on what they are going to charge me.

Kahless said...

Wow! How exciting. Why dont you get tickets for the F1? Its meant to be amazing.

Rosymosie said...

Kahless I barely even know what Formula 1 Racing is. I think they are the ones that drive the funny looking cars, but really can't be sure. :-)