Sunday 3 August 2008

Avon Descent

I decided to do this in two posts. The last one was getting quite long and I keep finding more things that I saw and took pictures of. The nice thing about this new program I'm using is that I can have several on the go at once and then publish them as and when I choose, or not as the case may be !!  I wonder if I can put them into PDF form for keeping at a later date. Now that will be an interesting exercise.

Here are some photos:

I like the way I've caught the water coming off the paddles

2008 08 03 Canoes Avon Descent-8

Again, trying to get the water spray. Didn't turn out too badly

2008 08 03 Canoes Avon Descent-4

 

We even had a police boat cruising quietly down the river.

 

2008 08 03 Police Boat

I still can't get videos to go in, so putting a link to my Photobucket spot in case you are interested. I hope it works.

Canoe Video

 

This one's rather kewl.  I like the way the water is splashing off his paddle. It's a bit dark but otherwise I rather like it.

2008 08 03 Canoes Avon Descent-3

We also had a wine cruise boat go past to comments from watchers about how they would rather be on that boat than the canoes that had been passing. Particularly when they thought about the wine and cheese that was being served on the boat.

2008 08 03-57

These two look like they are struggling a bit.

2008 08 03 Canoes Avon Descent-15

I don't think they are struggling, but it looks like it to me. almost like the current is taking them over.

 

And a piece of driftwood which could have cause a problem I reckon. I watched it from a distance and tried to zoom in on it, but finally got a photo of it just before it hid behind the tree.

 

2008 08 03-73

And last but not least, I spotted this in the grass next to where I was sitting.

 

2008 08 03 Daisy

Cheers guys

Madeleine

Sunday, 3 August 2008

8 comments:

KazzaB said...

I know I keep saying it but your photos are fantastic. The driftwood looks like a crocodile Rosymosie!! Maybe one came down from up North to watch the Avon Descent. LOL I love the photos of the canoes and how you've captured the action of the water off the paddles too.

Kahless said...

I was going to say the same as Kazza; looks like a croc.

I love the daisy's.

Rosymosie said...

I hadn't even thought of a crocodile LOL. Now that could have made a good story. "Avon Descent plagued by crocodile eating canoes"

KazzaB said...

An even better photo would be of the crocodile eating the canoe!!

Colin Howey said...

You really have a 'feel' for the photos - they are live and their light is great. I love the delight of the daisys at the end. Lovely.

Rosymosie said...

Colin, what a lovely compliment. Thank you. I hope you will enjoy the ones I take while I'm in the UK. And see the little stories I write around them !!

Anonymous said...

Oh I'm sure you'll be snap-happy over here ;-)

Rosymosie said...

The joy of the digital camera is that I can take as many pictures as I like and just get rid of the ones that don't turn out. don't have to worry any more about the cost of developing !!