Wednesday 6 August 2008

Bloody hell!!

Just been on a totally fraught shopping trip. It started when I was driving to the shops. I heard a bang, a metal type bang, but not car meeting car type bang. Then the car in front hit the breaks, as did I, and the cars behind me. Everyone managed to stop and I could see a red metal tool box on the road near the front of the car ahead of me. The woman driver got out of her car and slung the tool box onto the grass. She seemed quite angry. We all took off and at the next corner, she signaled to turn left and around the corner I saw a car and a man and a trailer. I reckon the tool box had come off the trailer. I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall for THAT conversation.

 

I'm stocking up on animal food for the duration. When I got to the shops, I realised that my shopping bags were still on the door handle in the laundry. One of the reasons I like to take them with me is that I fill up the bag in the trolley, then when I get to the checkout, I don't have to bend down to pick up each individual tin, bottle etc and it saves my back a lot of stress. So this time I had to bend to pick up each individual tin, realising at the same time that the joint in my left hand had decided to play up and I couldn't use it to pick up the tins.

 

Bags of dog and cat food later, I'm out at my car. Lift the bag out of the trolley, and guess what happened? You're right. The bloody bag broke and the next thing I knew I had tins of dog and cat food rolling all around the car park. Where I was parked was on a bit of a slope as well. Of course they all landed on their sides which meant they rolled well. So here I am chasing tins through the car park. I must have looked quite a sight. One of them ended up under the van next to my car, right in the middle. Now I'm short. I have short arms. there is no way I was going to fit under the van, nor were my arms long enough to reach. Finally got hold of a tall skinny woman with long arms and she kindly lay down in the car park and rescued my tin from under the car.

I had to go back into the shops to get a couple of small items. When I returned to my car, there was one lonely tin of dog food, nicely stood there waiting for me. I wonder how many other tins went to another home.

Now I'm home. The woman from the house sitting agency has been for a visit. The house, of course, was a shambles. Tins all over the place, still not tidied up from my group Thursday night, a smelly dog, a litter tray that really needs cleaning cause I'd run out of litter. Oh, well. If she can find someone to sit in this house, I reckon she's doing well.

 

Madeleine

Wednesday, 6 August 2008

4 comments:

KazzaB said...

That really did conjure up a picture Madeleine. And I'm sorry I had to have a giggle. I'm just glad you weren't the car that copped the tool box though!! But the thought of cans of dog and cat food rolling around the carpark with you chasing after them, well.........!! hehehe

It's always the way isn't it, when the house is spic and span nobody comes but when it isn't, you'll get a visitor or something like you had today. LOL

Rosymosie said...

LOL. It was one of those moments when you cursed, and swore and used words that good girls don't use in their minds let alone out loud, but when you think about it afterwards, you really have to giggle.

Kahless said...

lmfao!

Rosymosie said...

Thanks for the vote of support Kahless LOL. don't worry, I'm coming to visit you, so beware !! :-)