Wednesday 1 October 2008

Resting

Resting now. Been ot for my wander, done some shopping, taken some photos and come home again. I've had some lunch and I'm watching tv and looking at my photos, waiting for K to come home from work. She reckons she will be home early this p.m.

Took me ages to work out how to get the tv to work properly and the house is incredibly quiet without it. At home I live on a main road, so even when there is no radio or tv there is traffic noises so this house seems really quet. Also Safi and Azi are not used to having me in the house yet, so they tend to hide from me, so no fur kid contact as yet.

My walk. I love maps, but can't find a web based map where I can just put in a bunch of points and say, I walked from here to here and back again, and I took these photos here and here and here. I'm sure it must be possible.

I did my general wander of the streets and saw some interesting things.

2008 10 01-2

I liked this one. "Dog Fouling", "bag it and bin it". Sounds like it's something lots of council's around the world think about. I wonder if this is a major world issue?


While I'm on the issue of signs, this one tickled my fancy. I had to read it a couple of times to understand it.

2008 10 01-15

 

And a street sign:

2008 10 01-29

2008 10 01-28

This is where it is.

Two men in robes. They look a bit like Count Dracula in duplicate:

2008 10 01-13

An old mail box outside the post office:

2008 10 01-10

This is the street where Ilive:

2008 10 01 Mill Street

 

And this is Oxford Castle. It is three pictures together to get an idea of how it looks as you walk down the street - the old and the new together. The site has been used, apparently in movies and television. I didn't go inside.

2008 10 01-8 Stitch

 

I took this one cause it looks very much like a maple leaf. I don't think it is. It's from a vine looking thing growing up a wall, but it's very pretty anyway.

2008 10 01-18

Weeping willow I think.

2008 10 01-19

No idea what these are, but very pretty.

2008 10 01-20

 2008 10 01-21

Oh, yes and one last sign. Lots of signs in Oxford.

2008 10 01-27

So don't drink your grog here on the street.

Cheers guys,

I've had my nana nap for today and K should be home soon.

Wonder what tomorrow will bring.

Madeleine

Wednesday, 1 October 2008

5 comments:

Kahless said...

I think the flowers are geraniums.

KazzaB said...

I really love the photos Madeleine, it gives me a sense of what England is really like. I tend to think more of just London, with the big red buses and those black taxi's that look really old fashioned. LOL Is Oxford Castle near M & K's? Is it open to the public?

Rosymosie said...

Thanks Kahless I think you are right. They are just so different from Australian geraniums.

All the pics I took yesterday are walking distance from the house. And not a long walking distance. I think it is open to the public. Haven't got as far as exploring that yet. It does cost to go in but not sure how much.

Anonymous said...

Yo Madelinski!

Sounds like you are having a right adventure!

I got your cough *thanks* but didnt end up in a foreign hospital so can't complain!

Missing you.

Nadz

Rosymosie said...

Hey Nadz. Yup. Adventure is my middle name. Still coughing, but no where near as bad as I was. Managed to sleep all night last night without waking myself up coughing. Bet the joint is quiet without me there :-).