Friday 14 December 2012

Camels and Dung

Interesting title for a blog hey? On our travels yesterday, I've no idea where we were in Dubai. All I know is that we were headed towards the Dubai Museum. We hopped off the bus and walked through a square. The group gathered around the guide and of course, Madeleine looks around for a picture.
The first thing I noticed was this:
Took a photo, but not sure if this was a religious thing or what. So I kept my distance.
The next thing I noticed was this:
Again, no idea what it was or it's purpose.
Then I noticed that many of the others in the group were congregating.
So it wasn't about anything religious. These were a couple from our tour who paid to have a camel ride. I was tempted, but the guide was hurrying us along so didn't. Not sure if I would have or not. We will never know.

One of the men did ask a question that I really can't answer. Do Australian camels have one hump or two? They are apparently different species.

Then right on cue, the camel did this.
I thought camel dung would have been larger. !!!!
Here's the offender close up:
 He's rather cute, and noisy. Very talkative. Complained constantly.

And here's the tent closer. They invited me to come in, but again, the tour guide had moved everyone along and they were starting to get out of range.
 
I know I am very rude. Our guide gave us a bit of detail about the guys in the white dresses. I'm afraid my thought was, do they wear underwear. Next time I followed behind one I checked to see any underwear line. Jury is still out on that one.

On that note Iwill close for now.

Madeleine
Friday, 14 December 2012

4 comments:

KazzaB said...

It's a bit like the scottish kilt isn't it. LOL Do they or do they not wear underwear? LOL

Rosymosie said...

I suspect I will never know. It's not the sort of question one asks a strange Arab LOL

Unknown said...

Some place Dubai! Awesome. Great pictures.

Karen

Rosymosie said...

Thanks Karen. I had heaps more but my SD card played up so don't have any of the Safari tour I did. There's a lot happening here right now and I'm not getting much time to write.

Must admit, I will enjoy Dubai on my way back again.

Madeleine