Tuesday 25 December 2012

Solar Powered Bins

I love Google.

I've been seeing these all over Bath
Not quite sure what the purpose of a “solar powered” bin was. So I Googled, as you do.

Turns out they sense when they are full and compact the rubbish. They have lights on them which say when they are full and when needing compacting. Although why the lights flash I'm not sure as they appear to do the compacting automatically.Maybe to warm people to leave it be while it compacts. Saves on time and money having to empty the bins and apparently
Banes council is also considering paying for an upgrade to the system which would send a text message to refuse staff saying the bins are ready to be emptied. '

Love it!!

Madeleine
Tuesday, 25 December 2012

1 comment:

KazzaB said...

Don't you love technology!! LOL I hope we get those here!!