Monday 2 June 2008

Bassendean Train Station

I headed off for the Perth Model Railway Show this morning and decided to go by train. The Bassendean station has been upgraded and prettied up in the last few years.

I got to the train station just as a train was pulling in so I figured I would take my time and didn’t bother to run. I’m glad I didn’t. I’ve not really seen the Bassendean station since they’ve done it up. There was some incredible art work decorating it now. So I had plenty of time to take some photos.

This is some art work that I found at the station. I was really impressed and I hope the photos do it justice. It was all in one long plaque and quite impressive.






This one's my favourite.


I couldn't get far enough back to take the whole row (I would have ended up on the track !), but this is another set behind the seats.


Not bad for a small railway station.

Madeleine
Monday, 2 June 2008

5 comments:

KazzaB said...

Looks fantastic, doesn't it. I go past the Bassendean Railway Stn when I take the train to Uni but have never gotten off there to see the artwork. Thanks for putting it on here - it's great. It's like some of the bus stops and the artwork that is on them - it is really beautiful. Better than looking at a plain painted bus stop. And I've heard that people who graffiti will usually leave them alone because they respect the artwork. Not sure if that's true or not.

Rosymosie said...

Have a look next time you go past. Look for them on your way to Midland cause they are on that side of the platform. I don't think there are any on the other side.

KazzaB said...

I will Rosymosie. Swanbourne also has artwork along the side and it looks so effective.

Kahless said...

We dont have artwork at our train-stations but we do have poems on the underground!

Pretty damn cool station!

Rosymosie said...

I thought it was pretty cool too Kahless. We have our fair share of graffiti, but not as bad here in Perth I think than in some places.

I bet the poems are rude ones too???