Monday 2 June 2008

Photo Selection

This is just a selection of the photos I took at the Model Railway Show today. You will notice that most of them are not about the trains, but about the scenes around the trains. Like with miniatures, there is a lot of work that goes into the detail, and often the best part are the real life bits like this photo below. (Notice the train, blurred in the foreground).


160 Years of trains, and two of the trains, one old, one newer.




Just two trains passing in the night !!

They even had modern trains


A homestead on the Nullarbor (check it up all you Non-Aussies)


And these are the sorts of details that really tickle my fancy.
These clothes were just shapes cut out.
It's all about illusion.


I love this house. I would love to make one for myself. Maybe that will be my next project.


The point of this exhibit was to point out all the things that happen beside the train tracks. All the things we don't notice as we are chugging along at hundreds of kilometres an hour.



Just some of the photos I took today. Hope you have enjoyed them

Madeleine
Monday, 2 June 2008

10 comments:

KazzaB said...

The photo's are great Rosymosie. I wish I'd gone now - I didn't think of the stuff around the trains - I just thought it would be only trains. I love that house too. Looks like it was a good show.

Rosymosie said...

I did take some of the trains, but didn't put them up :-). I must admit I like the stuff around them. It's kinda kewl.

Kahless said...

The buildings are so realistic.

Rosymosie said...

They are realistic Kahless, but it is all smoke and mirrors when you look really closely.

Anonymous said...

Those look like great minitures Roseymosie,

and yes I can leave a message here

Graffiti

Rosymosie said...

Hello Graffiti. Nice to see you here.

They are great aren't they?? Needless to say I took heaps of photos.

Anonymous said...

I thought you may have made some of them!

Graffiti

Rosymosie said...

Nope. Didn't make any of these. These were from the Model Train show. I reckon I could become interested quite easily. Another way to spend my money and time.

Spilling Ink said...

These really are great photos! My favorites are the first one and the one with the clothes hanging out.

Rosymosie said...

I must admit the first one I liked as well. It's a train scene with a road accident in the middle, I mean what great thinking is that.