Wednesday 11 June 2008

People are funny !!

I stopped to get petrol on the way home from work today. My local station had relatively cheap petrol, so figured I would top up the tank. I pulled into the petrol station to find quite a queue of cars waiting.

Now this station is one of these sorts of stations (wasn’t quite that bad. This is Perth!!). I cropped out the petrol station name – don’t want to advertise them !!


So while I’m sitting in my car, watching and deciding what to do, I realised that the outside bowsers have no queue. I have discovered in the past that people avoid those bowsers. They are a pay before you buy deal. They are the pumps that people use to fill their tanks and then drive off without paying. So the petrol station has decided, wisely, that to get petrol from these bowsers, you have to pay first. For some reason, people don’t use these ones as often. They don’t like the idea of paying before they get their petrol.

I looked at the car in front of me and realised that I was not going to be able to get past him to get to the outside bowsers.

So I reversed out, got back into the traffic, and came in by another entrance. As I drove in, I realised that people were queuing for the two inside islands and there were two bowsers with not only no queue, but no cars at all. So not only do people not want to pay for their petrol first, but they won’t use bowsers that aren’t on the same side as their petrol tanks.

I drove out of the petrol station, back into the traffic, back into the station, topped up my tank, paid and was out of there while the two cars who had been waiting in front of me were still fiddling around getting theirs.

People would rather wait, than pay before getting their petrol, or pull the pump thingee across their car. People are funny !!




I do like it when a plan comes together.

Madeleine

Wednesday, 11 June 2008

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait till our motors run on sun shine. Though it will be a real 'go slow' time of it when it rains for weeks and weeks. Maybe it will be nice when our cars run on water. Until of course we run out of the stuff. Maybe it will be nice when our cars can run on either water or sunshine.

One that runs on air? Ohh! I know! One that runs on carbon dioxide. Then all we need to do is breath into a pipe and fill up a balloon of somekind and just drive off.

Here in the country, we generally can have which bowser we like. But i don't mind one that's not on the fuel tank side or what ever.

It's just lovely when a plan comes together - so true.

roses

KazzaB said...

I must admit I won't pull up at a bowser unless my petrol tank is on the right side. LOL It always looks too awkward to me to pull the doozywhatsit over to the other side of the car.
My petrol station hasn't got a pay before you refuel bowser but I think I would use it if it did. I usually have a specific amount I'm putting in.

Kazza

Rosymosie said...

There was actually something on television last night Roses about cars running on water or something. I wasn't listening to it properly. Maybe you are psychic, Roses.

Kazza, I notice a lot of people won't do the pulling thing. I hadn't thought of looking awkward.

Kahless said...

Cars can run on water by extracting the hydrogen I think.
There are a lot of different and etter ways of running cars but the petrol companies buy up the patents so that no-one can use them.

Anonymous said...

*Giggles* Yeah that's me the great psychic of the southern regions. (Eww! That just didn't come out right! EWWW! I'm stopping that right now!)

OR

It could be that we have a telly too.

Thanks for the compliment though...

roses

Rosymosie said...

Yes, Kahless, the petrol companies have a lot invested in the cars we use right now. I wish I could find something on the program I sort of heard !! Serves me right, I should pay attention to what I'm listening to and not multi-task LOL

Rosymosie said...

Psychic Roses. I can read your mind !! I can read your mind !! Oh, that was ruude what you was thinking !! hehehehe