Monday 8 September 2008

19 Days

Phew. Only 19 days left. Getting excited, but nervous about all the things that aren't done as well as the idea of flying. But hey, you get that.

I love travelling, but I hate flying. A bit of a dichotomy I reckon.

Over the weekend a friend and I cleaned out the spare room that she was using, even to washing the curtains. Room looks good. My new credit card has arrived so that's in order. Still waiting for the guy to come and finish the bathroom. He reckons it will be done before I leave, but I'm starting to wonder. I have to email the place I'm staying in Singapore to make sure my bookings are still all okay. Just a reassurance for myself. What else needs doing.

I've started putting things in a case ready to go. Some people make lists. I physically put things in the case so I don't forget. Not clothes yet, but some of the bits and pieces I want to remember.

I've decided that I'm not going to bed on the Friday night. My plane leaves at 7:30 in the morning, which means I will have to be at the airport by about 4 or 5 a.m. and i would rather stay up, sleep on the plane, than try to sleep early and then wake up for the really early start. I'm a night person rather than a morning person, so that plan seems to feel more comfortable to me.

I'm quite excited about taking Lara (the laptop) on the trip with me. It's going to be soo kewl to travel with my digital camera and Lara. I will be able to tell heaps of people at once what I've been up to.

And don't forget to click on the free mammogram icon and give some woman a free mammogram.

Cheers guys

Madeleine

Monday, 8 September 2008

4 comments:

KazzaB said...

On the countdown now hey!! I can only imagine how exciting the feeling must be. I think I would be doing both, writing lists and packing already!! LOL

Rosymosie said...

I'm not a big list person. I do have a list of things that need doing before I go, but that was as much to put it into context for me, than remembering to do things LOL

Kahless said...

Wow, time has flown. What dates are you in birmingham again?

Rosymosie said...

Birmingham 4th and 5th October, so a while yet.