Wednesday 10 September 2008

Visitor

I had a very unusual visitor this afternoon. I was organising dinner when I looked out my (clean at last) window, and in my garden I saw:

Birds 030

Not particularly unusual. Lots of magpies come to visit my garden. They like Ally's biscuits.

Then I saw:

Birds 020

A bit more unusual. I don't often get crows in my garden. So that was a bit kewl.

Then I noticed this little fellow:

Birds 018

By the time I got outside, he/she spotted me and hopped onto the fence.

Birds 022

Then he decided to come back:

 

Birds 025

Now this is totally unusual. This is the Sacred Ibis. We have them all over the area. But I've never seen one in my garden before. I took heaps of pictures before he finally flew off. Ally was not impressed with being locked in the house and as soon as he/she left, she was out there checking out HER garden to make sure everything was still fine.

Madeleine

Wednesday, 10 September 2008

2 comments:

Kahless said...

Never seen a sacred Ibis before.

Cool. Love the strange beak.

Rosymosie said...

I've seen them elsewhere, Kahless but not so close to home. He's (or she, as the case may be) a rather gorgeous isn't he/she?