Thursday 25 September 2008

Last update !!

Well, I leave at some unearthly hour on Saturday morning. This is the final push towards the trip that I've been planning for so long.

Latest updates:

I had a visitor yesterday. The guy who had agreed to mind my house and then backed out. He was from the agency who reckoned they couldn't find anyone. He was totally puzzled. Had no idea what had happened. He reckoned he hadn't backed out from the sit. He reckoned he had agreed to do it and was quite prepared to. I told him that I had someone, that I had been told by the agency that he was no longer interested, and that they didn't think they could find anyone, so I had. I must admit, I prefer the couple that I have. They are really nice people.

Yesterday I was off work sick. Would you believe? I rarely get sick, and yesterday I thought I was going to die. So I dosed myself up on Vitamin C, echinacea, and olive leaf extract and am definitely better today. Still not 100% but at least functioning. A friend brought me some dinner which was great. There is enough left over for tonight's dinner. Friday we are having an extended lunch at work and usually there is plenty of food so I can grab some for Friday's dinner. Then all I have to do is to finish up the packing. Have decided I'm not going to bed Friday night. Might doze in my chair, but I am so not a morning person that I would rather stay up and then sleep during the flight.

This morning I had a visit from the couple who will be minding the house while I'm away. Ally adores the man, she actually exposed her belly to him, something she rarely does. They lost their old dawg on their trip so will enjoy my fur kids. Also, seem like very practical people who will deal with whatever happens during the next 4 months.

Packing of course is well on the way. My Singapore bag is pretty much done and now I'm just trying to fit everything for the UK into my big suitcase.

Feeling incredibly hyped up. Still need to do a final vacuum and wash the floors, but the kitchen is all clean and more or less tidy.

My next update may be from the airport. Who knows what will happen in the next week.

Cheers

Madeleine

Thursday, 25 September 2008

3 comments:

KazzaB said...

O weeks and 1 day on the countdown Rosymosie!! How exciting. I bet it seems such a long time for this day to arrive. I hope your cold is better before you fly out tomorrow morning.

Rosymosie said...

I've got some cold and flu tablets to help. So far they seem to be making me hyperactive. Don't know if that's the tabs or just plain excitement :-)

Ken said...

Hope you got away ok Madeleine

hugs
ken