Saturday 27 September 2008

The trip

Well I'm here. Totally buggered. Was up all last night. Dozed in my big black comfy chair, but didn't actually go to bed. Two reasons for this. the first being that the  sheets had been washed, but also becoz I don't wake up well. I stay awake better than I wake up.

Ally was quite whimpery last night which is most unusual for her. I think she knew something was happening. She finally settled down.

P1090033

 

Taxi duly arrived at the time it was supposed to. So this is me almost ready to go and this is me  ready to go at about 4 a.m.

P1090036

The smaller suitcase has the clothes for Singapore which is much hotter than Oxford will be. So I figured that I could keep the clothes separate and then I only have to worry about the small case. A bit of a load, but hey, I am going for 4 months. Believe it or not, the big one has my red coat in the front zip section. Couldn't close it with the coat inside so I stuffed it into the front compartment.

Got to the airport so early, they hadn't even opened up the ticket office yet. According to the info on the Perth International Airport web page, they recommended you get there 3 hours early. So I did. Always the good girl. Then discovered that they weren't starting to put people through until less than 2 hours before the flight was due to take off. So I was one of the first in line to get my stuff checked through. Which was kewl cause it was all done and I could just relax and get on with reading or whatever, people watching etc.

Took some photos of the airplane - duh! - of course, this is Madeleine. She will take photos of everything she possibly can !!

P1090038

This is Perth International Airport at 4 a.m. A bit different from some other airports I've been in at that time of the a.m.

And here's my plane.

P1090041

Madeleine

Saturday, 27 September 2008

3 comments:

KazzaB said...

I love your sequence of photos - they really tell the story. Was it still dark when you took the photo of your plane? It seems so light but I'm wondering if that is just the airport lights.

Kahless said...

Cool.... Enjoy singapore. And the satay.

Rosymosie said...

Kazza you know me and sequences LOL. Love them I do. No was still day time when I took the photo of the plane. left at 730 at night but had to be at the airport 3 hours ahead of time so twas still day time when I took the photos.

Kahless, wait for the next instalment to see what actually happened in Singapore.You won't believe what I got up to.