Tuesday 4 November 2008

Alice's Shop

Today was practical day. Bought my ticket to Chester for this weekend and then wandered off to find a map and to mail a post card to the one person I said I might send a post card (everyone else was told to read my blog !!).

While I was out and about I happened upon Alice's shop again. Remember, I wrote about that in one of my earlier blogs (Thursday, 2 October 2008). This time I got some great photos and I went inside. I'm not saying what I bought because one of them is a present for someone and I'm not giving away any secrets at this stage. I will take a picture of what I bought and show people later. It's only a little something, but I think they will think it's great. They are also incredibly kitch and I won't admit to the whole world that I actually spent money on this sort of tourist thing.

Here's the rabbit outside the shop

Monday 010

And the building (It's the one on the right)

Monday 001

A close up of the shop.

Monday 008

Some flowers in the garden behind where I was standing. It's on a busy road, so I had to wait while buses and people went past so I entertained myself taking pictures of these flowers.

Monday 002

The shop was all about Alice in Wonderland and was definitely a tourist shop ! It was small and pokey and had Allice in Wonderland pens, erasers, cups and saucers, you know the sort of shop I mean. But hey, I've been there now, so I don't have to wonder.

And one more sign.

Monday 011

Maybe later tonight I will get to a post about our trip to the Harcourt Arboetum on Sunday and our lunch at a delightful pub in a town near.

Cheers

Madeleine

Monday, 3 November 2008

8 comments:

KazzaB said...

I love the rabbit out the front. I love exploring those types of shops!! LOL You'd be driven barmy if I was there!

Rosymosie said...

Must admit Kazza I rather liked the rabbit as well. I don't think you would have lasted long in there. It was really very touristy.

Veedub said...

I love the way there is a quaint old building tucked between 2 square concrete ones...it looks the sort of place where you'd find an entrance to Diagon Alley hidden at the back.

Rosymosie said...

Your brain took it a step further Veedub. I hadn't even thought of Diagon Ally LOL. But the juxtapostion of old and new is really fun sometimes here.

Kahless said...

I think you will love North Wales.

Rosymosie said...

What makes you think that, Kahless?

Kahless said...

Cos I live there!

Rosymosie said...

Good thinking 99. I think you might be right !! Looking forward to this weekend, I must admit.