Tuesday 11 November 2008

Wales: almost the end

Well my weekend in Wales is almost over. What a great time I've had! Everything was as close to perfect as you could wish. Even the cold, wet weather hasn't slowed me down at all. This trip could have been great or awful. I was coming, alone, to a town in Wales with little public transport, meeting someone I'd never met before. A blogger mate called Kahless. We have had email conversations, blog conversations and one phone call. What was I getting myself into. Was this woman who she said she is? Was my intuition right about her? Was she actually a woman or a man luring me into slavery? I know that is my imagination working over time, but I didn't know.

Today, I said to Kahless, that being with her was like catching up with an old friend I hadn't seen in years. But someone I had history with and that I was comfortable with. I had a great weekend and I hope Kahless did as well. We walked. We talked. We laughed. We ate. We drove (well Kahless did) all over the countryside and walked ourselves exhausted. Thank you Kahless for a great weekend. I feel I have a new friend and I hope you feel the same way.

The weather forecast for the weekend was rain, rain and more rain. Saturday we had bits of rain, cold, windy in places (like up in the mountains), but far better than I expected. We covered a lot of ground, outside, and the rain held off until we got home at night. Sunday was cold and wet. Rain off and on most of the day until about 3 when it settled in for the day. At which stage, Kahless and I both were quite content to head home and play computers for a while. In spite of the rain, we still managed to see some incredible sights so as far as I'm concerned, the weather was fine.

To top the weekend off, the place I picked to stay was absolutely perfect. You will hear more about what Kahless and I did as well as the B & B (bed and breakfast) as the posts come through. What I would like to say tonight is that the hosts, Llinos and James were great hosts. Friendly and welcoming, even taking time out from their work to show me around and give me some of the history of the house, parts of which were built in the early 1600's. You will see photos in due course. I would highly recommend Stokyn House to anyone who plans on staying in this area.

Tonight I am exhausted and plan on sitting in front of the tv until it's time to go to sleep.

It's back to Oxford tomorrow and I have the next week to process this weekend and write a bit more about what we did, and show off my photos. I've got over 500 photos to go through and decide which ones to keep, which ones to delete and which ones to post and write about.

So until my next post my friends in Australia (and elsewhere)

Good night

Madeleine

Sunday, 9 November 2008

2 comments:

Kahless said...

I hadn't realised you had posted! I popped over to your blog to get your link as i have just started to write a post and I suddenly saw you'd posted!

I had a wonderful weekend Madeleine and we did indeed click. I do feel like I have a new friend too.

Oh, and I am surprised you wernt worried I was a nutjob rather than being lured into bondage!

KazzaB said...

I'm glad you had a great weekend - it sounds like it will be one of the highlights of your trip. I can't wait to see some of the photos and hear more about it.

I'm also glad you didn't have to catch the sheep truck home. LOL