Tuesday 18 November 2008

Off Again

Well, I’m off on another little trip tomorrow morning. I’m going to a little town called Babbacombe. There is a model village, I suspect quite similar to Cockington Green in Canberra. I’ve booked what seems like a lovely little B&B and according to the owner:

“You will find Babbacombe a beautiful place, and a visit a must! we have some breathtaking views here and many places of interest. The places you mention i.e Babbacombe Model Village, Kents Cavern and Bygones are within walking distance, Kents Cavern is slightly further afield but still walkable. Living Coast is a short bus ride or walkable if you like to walk (takes about half an hour but very pleasant walk) Our public service is very good, you can catch a bus to most destinations from right outside the door.”

First on the list is Babbacome Model Village. Which is one of the places on my list to visit. They have a miniature Stonehenge !! I mean how kewl will that be !!

Kent’s Cavern I discovered when I thought about visiting the model village. Now this sounds great. I haven’t been in any caves since the late 1980s when we were in Goulburn.

The other place I discovered was Living Coasts which has a number of critters, like the birds and penguins and albatross (not sure what the plural is).

The one she mentioned I hadn’t heard of, but K had, and reckons it would be great. This is Bygones which looks worth a visit.

So tomorrow, first thing, I catch a train and make three changes. Another little Intrepid Little Traveller story coming up soon. However, I may be offline for a few days. The B&B apparently has wifi so may be able to post something, but I’m not guaranteeing anything.

Have a good few days everyone and I will be back sometime this weekend.

Madeleine

Tuesday, 18 November 2008

4 comments:

KazzaB said...

It looks like you're going to have a ball Madeleine!! It all looks so interesting. I'd love to see the real Stonehenge but the miniature one would be great too.

Have a great trip!!

Rosymosie said...

I did have a great time, thanks, Kazza.

Kahless said...

I wondered why you choose an obsure place like Babbacombe (which I had never heard of) - Now I know lol!

Rosymosie said...

I didn't even realise it was an obscure place until I started trying to go there. Babbacombe is actually like a suburb of Torquay.